Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: New Year's Resolutions?

  1. #1
    Anton von Stockhoff
    Guest Anton von Stockhoff's Avatar

    Post

    My only one is to shake off the depression I have been steeped in since November 10th. New Year, gotta move forward...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    Here's the list I put up on another thread.
    It should include hopefully making more money


    I generally resolve not to make any resolutions.
    By saying that I make it and break it all at once

    But there are a few I can use that are 100% guaranteed to be kept by me

    I dont smoke, so I resolve not to start smoking (that's a gimme, I'll never be a smoker)

    I dont smoke pot, so I resolve not to start doing that or any other illegal drugs

    I resolve to remain a heterosexual

    I resolve to never wear a dress in public, private or anywhere else (although I have the legs for it LOL!)

    I resolve to continue to tell stupid jokes at will

    I resolve to cheer for my own favorite teams and not give a damn if anyone doesnt like it

    I resolve not to give in and become a poopface

    I resolve not to care about stupid issues that have no meaning or bearing on anything of importance

    I resolve to watch what I wanna watch, see what I wanna see, listen to what I wanna listen to and pretty much do what I wanna do

    I resolve to eat at least 12 different flavors of ice cream this year

    I resolve to drink beer but maybe a few less here and there

    I resolve to continue to work to live and not become someone who lives to work

    I resolve to eat where I wanna eat and not care if it pisses someone off

    I resolve to spend some time poolside this summer


    I resolve to continue to do my sunday breakfast thing, even if some dont like it

    I resolve to continue to look for deals and sales and laugh at those who think less of me for it

    I resolve to avoid becoming a canibal

    I resolve to be myself

    I resolve to end this list right now

  3. #3
    Sheriff jumper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    A few resolutions of mine....some serious, some not. You decide which is which:

    1. I resolve to not mock and criticize those "new years resolutioners" who clog my gym and deny me access to gym resources until late March

    2. As a soon to be sworn peace officer, I resolve to better control my anger against stupidity. Although I do reserve the right to taser the really really stupid ones.

    3. I also hereby resolve to pay more attention to my nutrition and eat less crap.

    4. I resolve that I will be a better husband to D2, a better lover to my girlfriend, and a more accessible "stud43" in the teen chat rooms.

    5. I resolve that I will wear my Bengals gear proudly despite their soon to be one and done in the playoffs.

    6. I resolve to throw a huge party for D2 in honor of her career change and pending $$$$$$!!!

    I think that's about it!

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner gae's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,552
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm with GL. Let's just turn the page and be done with 2005.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Let's just hope for a 2 [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] 6 like this
    2 [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] 6

    and not like this

    2 [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] 6

  6. #6
    Sheriff Raven Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2003
    Posts
    1,516
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Go to the gym just to piss off Jumper.

  7. #7
    Sheriff jumper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Good one! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Dulcinea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,016
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I resolve to engage in more light-hearted mockery of those who should be mocked.

    I resolve to be slightly more shallow than last year, and slightly less self-absorbed.

    I resolve to never ever drink Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke after reading this product review: "This soda tastes of cheap plastic and formaldehyde; it's like drinking the ceremonial burial draught of one of Strawberry Shortcake's dearest friends."

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Dulcinea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,016
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I should mention at this point that all too often it is I who deserves to be mocked. Self-mockery it is then!

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last year I resolved to go to the gym on average 4 times a week and do a workout to a minimum standard I'd set. I kept that resolution and am carrying that forward to 2006.

    I resolve to not slack off in my studies. Got an A in intermediate accounting, thus redeeming my very poor performance as an undergrad in the early 80's. If I do well in intermediate 2 and 3 - most bodaciously boring classes - I'll feel more confident about my ability to stick with academic exercises, something that left me in doubt after my poor performance on the CFA.

    The rest are things more to work on than resolutions - eating less salt, eating better, getting projects done on my house, being more organized, eliminating things that make me unhappy and partaking in activities that are more enriching, trying to figure out what exactly I find enriching...

    <font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ January 05, 2006 10:29 AM: Message edited by: The Big Sexy ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •